By now you know I love a challenge. This month’s Everybody, Everywear challenge is tights! I love tights, so participating is a no-brainer.
I debuted a hot pink pair of tights that I bought at Target a month or two ago. They’re slightly merled, and oh so comfy. First, I paired them with a multi-colored patterned skirt and purple top but it was too busy for me. So I changed into this subdued ensemble to let the tights shine.
Dress: Boutique in LA
Scarf: Fred Meyer’s
I knew I was onto something when the first person I saw at the coffee shop said, “nice tights!” I guess they do get noticed.
- When shopping for tights, look for denier. The larger the number the more opaque they will be. If you don’t want to see through your tights, go with at least 40 or 50 denier. Thick cotton or wool tights might be 80 or 100.
- If you buy tights that have cardboard in them for shelf appeal, bend the cardboard before removing it so you don’t snag the tights.
- Moisturize your legs and feet before putting on your tights, and make sure your nails are smooth.
- Before you put on your tights, gather the fabric to scrunch up the leg and slip your toes into them so you don’t snag the tights.
- Pull your tights up gently with the pads of your fingers, never with your nails. Running a damp hand up your leg after your tights are on will help grip the tights and pull them up higher without poking a hole in them.
- Before you put your shoes, on, pull the toe of the tights to take the pressure off the fabric and help prevent holes in the toes.
- If your tights won’t stay up, try wearing a pair of boy-cut underwear over the tights.
- If you get a small run in your tights, paint clear nail polish on the spot to prevent it from running further.
- Always hand-wash your tights or put them in a lingerie bag before putting them in the washer (and hang them to dry instead of using the dryer).
Check out how all the others are wearing tights at Everybody, Everywear.
8 responses to “Bright Tights, Big City”
This is great info! I think the tip I love best is the one about wetting your hand to move the tights up. Super helpful!
i love this color tights with gray
popped over from ebew
Good tips! Thanks 🙂 The tights really add good dimension to the outfit!
Thanks everyone! I’m glad the tips were useful.
I love that you let the pink tights shine! Great outfit!
Love the color! I bought the same pair but they’re a grayish color. Great way to make a statement!
Hey Jean, nice meeting you 😉
It’s always so much fun to discover other Seattle bloggers, and thanks for stopping by to visit me.
Really love the brightness of your tights. Just makes the whole outfit pop.
Pretty Birdie Brown
So nice to bump into you online as well! I didn’t realize you were from Seattle when I posted. Small world 🙂