I’ve been nominated for the Liebster award twice and I have two people to thank–and one to apologize to.
Megan, The Fashionable Bureaucrat, nominated me last August! I’d meant to write a post about it and it slipped my mind–until yesterday. Celeste, of Honk If You’re Vegan nominated me yesterday, and that’s when I remembered the first nomination! Now that “did I forget my keys” feeling is gone. Phew!
So thank you both! I love Megan’s quirky, fun style, as well as reading about her Canadian adventures. And recently started following Celeste’s blog and love her reviews, recipes, and tales of a vegan SoCal life. And Megan, I’m truly sorry for dropping the ball on the award.
The Liebster Award is given by bloggers to bloggers who have less than 200 followers. Each blogger gets a set of questions, answers them, nominates eleven new bloggers, and asks them eleven questions.
Questions (I had two sets of questions so I got to pick and choose)
- Do you currently have all your organs? Believe it or not, I do. They don’t all work though! (I had my tubes tied because I know kids are not for me.) For some, that might be TMI, but I like to think of it as a public service announcement for doing what’s important to you, regardless of what’s “normal.”
- For a pet, would you rather have a crow, a fringed lizard, or a taxidermized wolf? A crow for sure! I really like crows. I’ve even named the two who visit my backyard (they’re Cheryl and Russell).
- Favorite decade – 1970s, 1980s, or 2000s? I love the 80s! I was a teenager in the 80s and that’s when I discovered great music, wild fashions, and really got to do my own thing. There’s a sense of innocence that I still attribute to the 80s. Everything seemed easier then. No bills, no adult responsibilities (but there was a lot of boy drama!).
- Do you prefer routine or variety? I like variety. For me, a routine gets boring and predictable and I feel like I’m missing out on things. That’s probably why I don’t have a lot of traditions. Every year I do something different at Christmas, New Year’s, for vacations, etc.
- Do you sleep with your bedroom door open or closed? Open. If I close it, I’ll immediately have my dog and two cats “knocking” at the door. If I leave it open, they don’t always come in, but they like keeping an eye on things.
- What makes your heart sing? A delicious vegan meal. Every meal I eat is vegan, and it makes me really happy to know I’m eating cruelty-free and doing my body a favor by eating healthy.
- If you could choose anywhere in the world to live, where would it be? For now, it’s here. I like the mild climate, and the rain keeps everything green. I have amazing friends, and I feel like I’ve got roots here (with hubby and the house and a history that goes back 13 years). That said, I miss Toronto and my family and I daydream about what it would be like to retire in a place like Costa Rica.
- What did you have for breakfast yesterday? Oatmeal with a bowl of fruit, and a soy latté. It’s something I eat a few times a week because it’s in the cafeteria at my work.
- What is a goal you’re working toward right now? I’m working on getting more paintings and drawings done so I can replenish my Etsy shop. Creating art is fun! Finding time for it is tough.
- What’s one thing you like about yourself? I like that I’m willing to try new things. I’ll learn to ride a motorcycle, join a roller derby league, or start an online shop. Some things stick, others don’t, but at least I’m open to new things.
- Why do you blog? I blog for a few reasons. I enjoy style but I work in tech. Blogging at Jean of all Trades gives me an outlet for writing about clothes, art and other style-related things. I started Sunshine and Slaughter because even though I mention my cruelty-free choices in my style blog, it’s meant to be light and fun. My plant-based blog is where I can write more in-depth about serious topics and cover things like vegan restaurants.
I’m nominating the following bloggers:
- Fashionable Over 50
- Sarah Hulbert Style
- The Sapphire Bee
- Jesse Anne O
- Fleur d’Elise
- The Lipstick Giraffe
- Carrie on Vegan
- Coffee and Heels
- Nature’s Porthole
- The Veggie Nook
- Little House in Town
And here are the questions:
- What’s a place you’ve always wanted to visit?
- What defines your personal style
- What’s your dream job?
- Would you rather live in a penthouse apartment of a countryside ranch?
- Have you ever rocked a mullet?
- What would it take to give up your car for a year?
- What’s the scariest thing you’ve done?
- If you had a whole day to yourself, how would you spend it?
- Unicycle, juggling, or trapeze: which would you rather learn?
- What’s the best gift you’ve ever received?
- If you had to wear one color for the rest of your life, what would it be?
And the rules:
- The award is given by bloggers to bloggers who have less than 200 followers.
- Each blogger should answer the questions the tagger has set for them.
- Choose eleven new bloggers and link them in your post.
- Create eleven new questions for the chosen bloggers.
- Go back to their page and tell them about the award.
- Each blogger should post eleven random facts about themselves.
- No Tag Backs!!